Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I’m not a vegetarian, but I eat like one…

This is the answer I give to most who ask me the question…

On January 18th, I started eating to live instead of eating to lose weight and I can honestly say that it was the best decision I have made.

The details may shock some and most of my friends have given me their defensive rebuttals but I understand why.  Everything we know about food in this country has been “spoon fed” to us by a corrupt government and the mis-informed media.
Why do I love the way I eat?  Here’s why:
  • It’s inexpensive
  • I feel fulfilled most of the time
  • I forgive myself if I slip (aka eat meat or processed food)
  • I have a lot more energy
  • I bond with my kid (the vegetarian) through food
  • I look great!
The last bullet wasn’t meant to brag.  Realistically, I’ve lost a few pounds, but the combination of having more energy, more freedom, and more “glow”, gives me a certain level of confidence no scale ever could.

I’ll keep you posted in future posts; revealing more and more, but first let me make the following food reading recommendations:

Eat to Live (thank you Jackie!)
Food Politics
Vegetarian Perspectives: Is Something Really Missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment