Thursday, May 6, 2010

KFC Buckets for the Cure



Not really sure where I should start here..
Is anyone else bothered by this bullshit commercial?
What speaks louder than the bullshit however is the ingredients list. But first! Let me list for you, the five ingredients for my grilled chicken:
Chicken, preferably antibiotic free and vegan fed (please, please, please, my vegan friends...do not abandon me. I still love yall, but I still love chicken too)
fresh lemon juice
fresh rosemary
Salt and Pepper

Now here's the KFC® Grilled Chicken ingredients list:

Fresh Chicken Marinated With Salt, Sodium Phosphate, and Monosodium Glutamate. Seasoned With: Maltodextrin, Salt, Bleached Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Monosodium Glutamate, Secret Kentucky Grilled Chicken Spices, Palm Oil, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt), Chicken Fat, Chicken Broth, Autolyzed Yeast, Beef Powder, Rendered Beef Fat, Extractives of Turmeric, Dehydrated Carrot, Onion Powder, and Not More Than 2% Each of Calcium Silicate and Silicon Dioxide Added As Anticaking Agents.
Contains Wheat and Soy.
And if you're curious about what's in all of the other lovely menu items at KFC, feel free to visit their website here.

Nuff Said
Is it Enough?
Do I really need to rant about the transparent diabolical strategy behind this campaign? Do they really think we're that stupid? It's as ridiculous and surreal as watching, let's see...the Marlboro Man as spokesperson for the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
Dear KFC,
Stop treating us like fools. I do not feel warm and fuzzy when I see this commercial. I feel sick to my stomach and extremely sad. I'm not sad because you're lying to me. I'm sad because I know that there are hundreds of thousands of people who are touched by your so-called efforts and don't realize the irony of this ridiculous attempt to glorify your brand image while heightening brand awareness.
Shame on you.
Sincerely,
Yo Mama!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, Anything for a dollar. I feel sick to my stomach, that KFC would create another health crises in order to cure another. We don't call them Fried chicken anymore because it's simply not chicken. But what do I know. Heaven help us all.

    ReplyDelete